Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Project

     This blog and the project that it includes came about through my Advanced Composition class. In this class we spent the semester talking about multimodal compositions. These multimodal compositions were both analog and digital. Analog being more arts and crafts style. Digital being things like blogs, videos and anything that uses a digital component of some sort. Throughout these compositions we still had to create it in the same method that you would write a typical essay. We needed to have an introduction, body with an argument and supporting data, and a conclusion. We kept a theme of "Identity" throughout all the projects as well.

     This project is for my final. I chose to do a blog and crochet project about part of my online identity. I have a strong presence online in the crochet community. I have a page on Facebook called The Fancy Hooker. It actually turned five years old today and has 5700+ followers. When I first started my page it was created to show off crochet projects I was working on and to sell small items. When my son started school and I started working outside of the home, the focus shifted. I no longer had time to sell items. Deadlines became something that I couldn't meet any longer. My focus then shifted to designing crochet patterns instead. I also hosted auctions in which other businesses participated. There are several crochet groups that I'm active in on a daily basis. Crochet is something very much a part of my online identity.


     That brings me back to the project. In this blog I will talk about why I learned to crochet, how I came back to crocheting after not doing it for a lot of years, and tracking the progress of the crochet project. The crochet project itself is going to be a bed doll dress. It's something that my mom made while I was growing up and why I wanted to learn to crochet. There will be more about that on my next post. I hope you all continue to follow along this path with me.

1 comment:

  1. I love that we became friends because of crochet, and I have loved following your journey all along the way... my world is better because you are in it. And my grandmother used to make these as well.

    ReplyDelete